Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Waiting for the Pump Man

   Waiting for the pump repair person.  He was suppose to be here between 8:30 and 9am.  It is now 9:11am.  Jeff has been waiting at the mailbox for him for 20 minutes.  I just wish he'd get here soon...or call!  People find our house so hard to find sometimes.
   The kitchen sink is overflowing with dirty dishes.  I keep pulling flatware out and washing it so at least we have clean knives and forks but the last couple of days I've used paper plates!  But the bathroom....UCK!  I put a stainless mixing bowl in the sink and we've been heating water and putting it in that to wash with.  When the bowl is about half full, it's used to flush.  We also have water in laundry gallon containers that Jeff's old neighbor filled for us that we're flushing with but we don't flush every time we use the facilities.  I can't wait until I can wash the toilet!
   11:45am:  the repairman from Valley View Pumps & Drilling showed up this morning.  They were the 2nd group we had called but couldn't get them, they were so busy.  Valley View...or Gary Gay...was very nice and he and Jeff discussed our situation and we got an estimate.  Then I went to the library to fax a request to my NYSDC plan for a distribution.  When I got home I learned that the pump was alive and well and working!  The problem had been a broken pipe at the head of the well.  The cost for the repairs was only a fraction of the amount I had requested for my distribution and Jeff had been able to pay it in cash.  I'll pay him back when I get the distribution.  In the meantime, we're going to look into getting an estimate for fixing the 4 bedroom windows.  As long as I have the money available and they have to be replaced, we might as well do it now.  I am so thankful we have water and it didn't cost me what the estimate had been.  (A new pump alone would have been about $1200!) I'm going to treat Jeff to lunch at Mona's in Mohawk today as a thank you.  He's gone up and down those damn cellar stairs my father built so many times this weekend he deserves something special!!
 
  
  

No comments: