Saturday, July 15, 2017

Let's Try That Shawl...Again

   I think I cast on my Annis shawl, the one I'm doing in silk, for the 4th time this morning.  I had to learn how to do a crochet cast on because the long-tail method I usually use was too tight and this shawl needs a loose cast-on edge.  I used an I crochet hook to get all 363 sts loosely on a short US9 needle and then began the first row of the shawl by working them onto a short circular US8. Then I put the needles down and walked away.  Part of my problem, I think, is that I'm trying too hard and I'm going cross-eyed by the end of a row.  I decided I have to take it slow and easy.  One row at a time.  I got the stitches cast on and the 1st row worked so it was time for a break.  The 2nd row is just a purl row but I don't know if I'll do that now or work on a baby doll for a little bit.  I definitely will not be taking it to the shop tomorrow to work on between customers! I probably should just do a baseball hat in case something sold today!

No comments: