Monday, July 17, 2017

Still No Water

    We still don't have any running water.  We've called 3 repair places (waiting for the 3rd one to call us back) and camping out is getting old...FAST!  A friend of Jeff filled up quite a few gallon jugs for flushing the toilet and gave us a case of bottled water.  Jeff had bought 3 gallons of water from Walmart and our Berkie Water filter/dispenser had been filled yesterday afternoon so we've got plenty of water to drink and for coffee.  Jeff is sorry the rain barrels aren't hooked up because with all the rain we've been getting that would have taken care of 'flushing' easily.  Oh, well.
   The delay with getting a repair service out here has given us the time to discuss the outside entrance to the cellar.  I don't remember why my father didn't replace it when he tore it down.  He just put a sheet of steel over the open frame and covered it with about 6" of dirt.  We have decided to put a pre-fab entrance back in place.  It will make pulling the pump out of the well a lot easier...as well as cleaning out the cellar.  There's so much junk down there that no one had any idea how to get out of the cellar that now could be carried out through an outside entrance! Jeff even thinks he could pull the pump out through that entrance with a hook and tackle.  We just have to see if we get a repair service or are left to do it ourselves.
   I ordered a new Kodak digital camera today online.  It's another PIXPRO...this time a FZ43. (My 1st Kodak digital was an FZ43, this 2nd one was a FZ151.)  It has 16.15 megapixels and 4X optical zoom.  AND this time I bought the 2 year replacement insurance!  (Both previous cameras lasted about 2 years for me.) I got free shipping and should have it by Wednesday.  So far I've been very pleased with these little Kodak digitals and the price has always been right (less than $75 at Walmart w/the replacement plan!)  Someday I will get another SLR...and a digital one at that...but as long as I like the features  Kodak offers on these little digitals I'll stay with them.  I hope I have it when the pump gets pulled and the outside entrance gets dug and the puppy comes home!  Oh, and I still owe my friend in Florida photos of these 2 old 'HC3 babes' that he asked for!
  The repairman is coming to check out the pump tomorrow morning 8:30am.  Fingers and toes crossed, please.

No comments: