Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Well, the house wasn't as clean as I wanted but it wasn't as bad as it's been.  Yesterday Jeff and I moved furniture in the living room and the TV room, switching chairs.  I dusted and swept both rooms (a never ending chore)and he moved canning jars from the laundry room to the shelves in the hall closet. Two more of those heavy duty contractor bags were filled in the process.  I will be glad when the stove is out for the summer...it creates unbelievable dust.

Jeff sister, Sherry, and my cousin, Ed, joined us for dinner today.  I did a pretty good pork roast in the Ronco rotisserie.  It does such a great job, don't know how I ever cooked meat without it!  The rest of the meal included mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. For Easter I baked a traditional Italian Easter bread...braided with whole eggs set in the braid.  I found out that I did not have any colored sprinkles so the bread did not get trimmed out, just painted with egg yolk.  Still OK.  And I made deviled eggs.  Sherry stopped at Holland Farm and got some half-moon cookies (always good) and Ed brought a bottle of wine...white Zinfandel, my favorite but I couldn't have any. I'd say we had a rather good feast.  The dogs (Max and Fanny) patiently waited under the table for meat scraps. Oh, and Jeff gave me a chocolate rabbit...which is sitting on the counter begging to be eaten! Hope everyone had as enjoyable day was we did.

Friday I saw my doctor...a follow-up to my visit 6 weeks ago.  My blood pressure is great (118/72) but my back pain is worse.  I have degenerative disc disease...like Mom...and my falls this winter haven't helped matters any.  Got 'scripts for a pain pill and ointment...and my regular rat poison and beta blocker...a total of $91 after the insurance kicked in!  And for a handicapped parking permit.  The doctor also wants me to try PT for the back.  PT worked beautiful for my ankle so I'm willing to try.  As it is I can barely walk half a block...or stand and do half a sink of dishes...with out pain.  I took a pill last night (that's why the wine was a no-no) and it helped the pain a lot.  Made me sick, too, I felt like I had a hangover this morning! The nurse who does my finger pricks warned me to be sure to take the  pill with food and I did, but I guess 2 crackers wasn't enough. I'll try a slice of bread tonight.

Got the Tanked hoodie almost finished.  I'm down to the waist ribbing and then there's the fun job of working in all the ends. Got just about 10 days before the shop opens for the season to sew the buttons and zippers...and maybe get another couple of hats done.

No comments: