Thursday, April 11, 2013

Oh What a Week it Was!

April started off ok.  Had to have a routine 'finger stick' (INR) on the 3rd.  My doctor had finally decided the week before to take my back pain seriously and had ordered some codeine for the pain...but that meant I had to have the INR done again coz codeine and rat poison (otherwise know as Warfarin) do not co-exist peacefully.  The coagulation nurse had suggested I have lettuce once a day when I was taking the codeine cos lettuce doesn't have a great relationship with rat poison either.  In fact, lettuce and codeine have opposite effects on warfarin so having both in my system cancels them both.  And it worked!  My INR was 3.2 ...near perfect for me!  It's so nice to be able to eat greens again.

Friday we had gone to Jeff's sister so he could finish the electric problems with her garage.  Fanny and Max had a ball chasing each other around.  Fanny collected all of Maxie's rawhide chew toys and took them under the dining room table.  He had hidden them around the house and she had discovered them.  He wasn't too happy.  We went back on Monday...but left Fanny home coz I didn't think we'd be that long....  Jeff ended up rewiring half of her living room (replacing old fabric covered wires) for the ceiling fan.  He didn't quite solve the problem...there were a lot of attic floor boards to move and wire to thread thru beams, etc so he and Fanny went back yesterday while I went to Cooperstown to set up displays at the shop.  He's got to finish at Sherry's next week.  Old houses cause a lot of problems.

Tuesday was my birthday (#63) and as usual Jeff cooked dinner.  Had a nice London broil with onions and green peppers done in our Ronco Rotisserie with Mexican rice. 

The shop looks good for the beginning of our 40th season.  We had a covered dish supper before our annual meeting with plenty of good food!  I thought I had kept pretty busy this winter knitting but it looked like more on our couch than on the shelf.  Hope the weather and business improves...there weren't many customers today!

No comments: