Sunday, April 21, 2013

And Besides the Greenhouse, There's...

Jeff declared the greenhouse project 'up-to-date' and went on to other jobs yesterday.  He turned one side of the compost bin into the other and then started to build the new compost bin.  Every time he came inside he was mumbling about the size of the pallets being different...they seem bigger to him.  Finally, he
measured them and guess what...the old compost bin was made out of 3x4' pallets and for the new one he's using 4x4's.  I don't know what difference it makes except there's more space in the new one.  A good thing, huh?  Anyway, the new compost bin is set back a little from the old one, and seems to be going together a little neater. I wonder how the snakes will like their new 'sun room'. Jeff had to clear brush to make room for the compost bin...actually some naturalized lilacs bushes...with the new machete he bought last week.  I don't think he ever knew how tough lilac bushes were! Now I could have told him that!  After plenty of years/springs spent cutting back the lilacs with the big clippers I think that way is preferable to swinging that machete! Jeff also got one of the new rain barrels hooked up in place.  He even cleaned the gutter so it can fill!  Another good thing!!  He wants to put up a couple of more rain barrels and is going to recycle some of the gutter gardens back into real rain gutters. I glad that 1st barrel is up on it's stand and secure.  Last week when we had wind gusts up to 40mph the barrel was loose and rolling around between the porch and the garage!


Don't know what Jeff's planning to do today.  His friend, Frank, called last night and offered him some 10' 2x4's that he's salvaged from some place...a hand in moving them and a truck to transport them!  Not an offer to ignore.

I think I'll go visit my mom this morning...see if she's in a better mood than last time. 



Meanwhile, I finished a red v-neck cardigan with baseball buttons (size 9mo) to take to the shop tomorrow.  Today I'll do the baseball hat to go with it.  I ended up frogging my blue 'Tanked' hoodie after Jeff asked what the figures on it were suppose to be.  I guess they didn't look like fish to him! There's a whole skein of pretty yellow yarn sitting on the footstool calling me.  Don't know what I want to make with it but Jeff said if it keeps talking to me I better get outdoors and stack wood!

No comments: