Friday, April 26, 2013

Ah, It's Friday!

Ah, it's Friday...at last!  This week seemed longer than usual.  Monday I worked in the shop in Cooperstown and this morning I had a 7:45am (!!) appointment for an ultra sound of my thyroid and an 8:30 appointment with the ENT to get the results.  The automatic reminder Bassett sends out suggests arriving 30 minutes before your appointment so I was there at 7:15.  The Radiology departments opens at 7:30 and the doctor comes in at 9am resulting in lots of waiting.  Good thing I always bring some knitting.  Today it was the lemon yellow shrug I started on Monday.  (It has become a size 6...instead of intended size 4...coz I lost track of my rows and didn't want to rip it out.  Anyway....) It looks good and generated a lot of glowing comments from the staff this morning.  I do realize why I don't do many size 6 or larger sweaters...on a circular needle there are over 250 stitches you have to work in each row before you get to the sleeves.  (Remember, I'm working a raglan from the neck down.) And this is a V-neck, too.  If it was a cardigan, the stitch count would be higher!  My hands ache after I work a couple of rows but I keep going and I did the sleeves yesterday and today I've been working on the body.  As I plodded along today I made a couple of design changes and I think the body may end up a little shorter than normal.  Depends on how the hands feel when I get 4 or 5" done.  I'm tempted to start another one...smaller size of course when this one is finished.

Jeff's been working on the new compost bin.  He's got one side just about filled with what he had put in the old bin last fall.  Got a nice portion of rich compost on the bottom, too. He's thinking about adding another bin on the 

right side in the photo (r) but he has to let me move
the daffodils that have naturalized there first.  He's also been working on a contained raised bed made out of pallets. (l) The sides have been built up to about 14". It will be lined with garden cloth. Jeff's thinking of filling them with compost and wood chips. I'd like to see maybe 3 of them across the yard in front of the compost bin.  That's a real sunny spot in the yard.

A couple of weeks ago a chat room buddy asked if I would share a pattern with her so I copied and sent her a raglan from the neck down baby sweater.  Yesterday I found these 2 gnomes...and their directions...in my mail box.  Thanks, Rita!!  They're cuties, huh?


No comments: