Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ah, Late Winter...

Oh, how I just love late winter/early spring days.  The temperature the last couple of days has been in the mid to high 40's but hasn't felt any thing close to that!  And today it's raining...good for melting snow and washing away sand but the yard is a bog dotted with piles of 'doggie do'.  Yesterday I finally got my car inspected (only 11 days overdue) and Jeff asked them to check the rear suspension.  It was pretty shot...rusted away...holding together by grime and luck.  $400 later I had new rear struts, the oil changed and the car inspected...but no 2013 sticker coz the computer is screwed up again.  Got to wait 50-60 miles and they'll run it again.  This happens every time the car visits the mechanic.  Modern Marvels!

Went to the anti-coagulation clinic today for my monthly finger stick.  Haven't scored this bad (INR 5.0) in a long time.  Get to skip the rat poison (warfarin)  for 2 days and then go back again for another prick.  And with my cold this time I haven't taken anything except tylenol...which is not suppose to screw up the INR!  Don't know what caused the numbers to go so high (normal is 2.5-3.5).  More Modern Marvels!

The shop in Cooperstown is scheduled to open for the 40th season in just about a month (April 11th).  I am really looking forward to it.  Hope Jeff'll babysit the dog the first couple of days I work down there or I'm not going to have much of my comforter left. Fanny loves pulling the polyfill out and chewing on the fabric!  Wonder what it tastes like?  Also wonder what the waistband of my sweatpants taste like...that was yesterday's snack. Still more Modern Marvels??

No comments: