Friday, March 22, 2013

Another Snowy Day

Looks like the wilderness, doesn't it

Pretty...if it wasn't the 3rd day of Spring!
Today, the 3rd day of Spring, has started with snow (what's new?)  They call it 'Lake Effect', a nice steady snowfall.  Kind of pretty if it wasn't happening on March 22.  I was suppose to take the car to a mechanic this morning and leave it.  That meant I would be walking across town to Jeff's where I'd hang out until they could get to it. Then walk back to pick up the car when they called.   Bad idea.  Besides, walking in a mini-snowstorm across half of Herkimer twice, it meant leaving the dog alone for what could be hours.  Would I have a comforter when I got back home? I wasn't looking forward to either.  Herkimer isn't noted for plowing sidewalks and an almost-mile(each way) walk on potentially slippery sidewalks wasn't the way I wanted to spend this day.  Ssoo, I called the mechanic's and explained the problem (his guy...who Jeff & I had talked to on Tuesday... hadn't even penciled me in!) and made an appointment for Monday morning.  Hopefully, it will be more Spring-like for my walks.  I think I'll spend today knitting more baby hats.  Got to do 1 more baseball, then it will be flower cloches and berets.

No comments: