Thursday, March 21, 2013

Screwed Up Again

Had my INR factor checked again today and it was 4.32... a little high...meaning my blood was thin. (Should be happy something about me is thin!?!)  Had to go to the lab and have a vial drawn after the finger prick showed the high reading.  This time the lab guy had a little trouble finding a vein to use (something else about me that tends to be thin) but it didn't hurt too much and he got the blood.  Now I have to wait and see if the doctor will order a change in meds.  April, my nurse, said I might have to take a smaller dose.  Will have to go back to her next week and have another INR done.  After the vampire experience I had to have a mammography.  All I can say about that is if it was a sensitive part of the male anatomy a tech wouldn't be sticking it in a vise-like machine and squeezing....

I was sure Fanny would have snacked on the comforter while I was out but she didn't!  I praised and petted her, calling her a 'good dog' and giving her an extra treat.  I swear she smiled at me.  As a reward for this morning's torture in the name of medicine on the way home I treated myself to a vanilla latte at Burger King...not bad for a $1....and made myself Kraft's Macaroni & Cheese for lunch (which I shared with Fanny the good dog).  Now I think I'll go build a fire in the stove and get comfortable...maybe even knit.  

No comments: