Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Up-Date

Mom was moved to the permanent side of Valley Health after lunch yesterday and was not a happy camper.  The social worker had told her she'd be moving but Mom said they did not give her enough time to  get ready to move (she didn't have to do anything) and made her feel like a poor relation/in the poor house.  She said they made her wish she were dead(said that a couple of times).  Some of this venom was directed to me, I think, because yesterday we had that winter storm and I stayed home and was not there when she was moved.  We had talked about her being moved when a bed became available but she didn't understand it would be at such short notice.  The social worker and I tried to explain to her that if she did not move when the bed became available someone else would have taken it.  Didn't help. She was sure the new staff did not want to take her to supper or bring her back to her new room.  We tried to explain that because there were more residents in the permanent section it took longer to get everyone into/out of the dining room.  She wasn't buying it.  'We just didn't understand'. Oh, well.  I hope she accepts things and makes the most of it but she is a 'Josephine'....not noted for accepting things that were not her idea. She refused a phone hook-up and a chance to go shopping...Shopper's Service is scheduled for Thursday and she use to like their merchandise when I worked at the Homestead.  I try to visit every 3 or 4 days and I hope things will be better when I go back over the weekend.

No comments: