Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

      2016...sounds like a scfi location doesn't it?  'the barren waste land' and all but maybe today's snowfall will improve the view from my window.  Hope so. Brown, dead leaves are so...dull.
   The 2nd wood shed is up and ready to be filled and Jeff has been busy cutting wood for it.  I, on the other hand, have been busy burning the wood in the 1st wood shed.  At the rate we're going we should meet in the middle....
   The shop in Cooperstown is closed for the season after a very good Christmas.  We're not sure why but each month sales have been ahead of last year.  Just hope it continues next year. (The shop reopens April 8th.) In the meantime, I get to take a few weeks off...until the beginning of February...and read mystery novels and knit socks and mittens for us. I found the yarn from Darn Good Yarn for my socks in mailbox on Wednesday(12/30).  According to the invoice they had been shipped on Monday 12/28.  I found that a little hard to believe until I looked at the invoice a little more carefully and realized they had been shipped from Schenectady, NY, only 60 miles away. The 50gm balls are a little short on yardage (122yds) so they are definitely not for Jeff. But the colors are great!  Hope I like they way it knits up!
  We celebrated New Year's Eve by going out to lunch at our favorite diner, Belly Busters on State St in Herkimer, stopping at the libraries (Herkimer & Ilion) and going grocery shopping.  Last night was quiet...not much excitement out here in the little woods, nothing good on TV, and but since we both had picked up books, we were content.  Met in the kitchen at midnight getting snacks, then back to our books.  We must be getting old. 
   This morning I want to watch the Rose Parade and knit. Got to finish my mittens and start my socks! Hope everyone had a safe New Year's Eve and enjoys a great year ahead!

No comments: