Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Winter Vacation Goes On

   The nor'easter did what the weather forecaster said it would do, stay south of us.  We had a gray, overcast morning that brighten into a beautiful blue sky afternoon.  It was cold with a strong wind but NO SNOW!   This afternoon Jeff and I went looking for a gun shop he had found on line in Ilion but all we found was an empty building and house.  Guess they went out-of-business.  Oh, well.  We stopped at the new hardware store in Ilion on the way home and Jeff wandered around starry eyed.  One of the sales girls asked if he needed help and I told her no, Jeff in a hardware store is like one of us in the mall.  She laughed.  I got some gourmet dog biscuits for Fanny before we left.  She's beginning to recognize the parking lot of that store.
   Last week I learned that my cousin Peter Molinaro's mother-in-law had passed away.  They live in Loudonville so I sent a card.  Thursday I learned that my cousin, Phyl, the last 1st cousin on my father's side, had died.  She was...like most of my 1st cousins except Peter and Ed...about 20 years older than me.  She had Alzheimer's and had been at Folt's Home for quite awhile.  My mom always missed not being able to visit with Phyllie anymore.  I guess they can visit now.  Her funeral is Tuesday at St Francis in Herkimer.  I won't try to make Jeff go with me...he doesn't do funerals...but maybe he'll drive me down.
     I got my yarn order from LittleKnits on Thursday and let Jeff pick out which skein he liked.  He choise the Opal Classics Luxurious, a washable wool blend of blues with a streak of white (leaving the green Opal Classics Exciting for me).  Before we went out today I started the socks for him.  And I worked on them again last night, so by the time I went to bed I had half the foot done! (Remember a foot for a sock for Jeff is really a foot/12".)
Half of a sock foot!
The yarn is working up so...luxurious!  I love it!  And I hope I get them finished in the next week because I have got to start knitting more than just baby socks for my stock bag for the shop!
  P.S. 1/24/16:  Well, this afternoon I finished the foot and turned the heel on that 1st sock of this latest pair of socks for Jeff  while Denver and New England kept things interesting on the football field, and Jeff put together a 16-bean soup for tomorrow and a great stir-fry for supper tonight.  (I think that man really wants another pair of socks!!)  I don't know if I can do the entire leg tonight but I'll try.  The 2nd game, Carolina v Arizona, just started so I better get the table cleared off...the dishes can sit in the sink...and get back to his sock. 





No comments: