Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Time to Move Furniture

   I decided this morning that it was time to move furniture.  Yesterday we got new light bulbs for the bathroom and the LED light was too bright...it lite up the bathroom (showed how much in need of a good cleaning it was), the hall and my room, shining right in my face in bed.  I did not like that.  Last night I slept with the sheet tented over my face! And Fanny slept at the other end of the bed! (If I had know that's all it took to turn her around....) Anyway, this morning I started moving furniture but since everything just fits in there, things have to move in a circular motion, little by little around the room until things are where you want them.  Every thing was going ok until the top of the (empty) hutch started to sway and toppled over on to the bed.  I screamed and Fanny ran barking to hide in Jeff's room, all accompanied by the unmistakable sound of breaking glass.  By the time Jeff arrived on the scene I was in tears...over a  square red florist vase that didn't survive the move. Jeff was yelling and Fanny was still hiding. He took over moving furniture and everything was soon put in its new place. Not exactly where I wanted it but there is order in the room, again.  And the room got a nice unexpected cleaning, too.  Now I've just got to dust the furniture  and make the bed.  And the light from the bathroom will no longer shine in my face.
   I finally finished my mittens last night. 
My Mittens are on the bottom

They're a washable wool blend from Classic Elite Yarns called Liberty Wool and long overdue!  I've got the pair I want to use as a gift done, too, except for working in the ends on those. I'm not too crazy about the ombres but the worsted weight worked up very nice. And Jeff's 2nd sock is about ready for the heel turning!  I had to order another skein of yarn to make the legs long enough to suit him and I've been tracking it online.  This morning the site said it was in Syracuse so I figured the yarn would be delivered tomorrow but it was in my mailbox today!  Guess I know what I'll be working on today.  Hey, they were suppose to be a Christmas present so I better get them done quick!  Then I can finally make myself a pair of socks before I start knitting for the shop.  Maybe working on spring colors will help to make the winter go faster?

No comments: