Monday, January 4, 2016

Brr, It's Cold Outside!

    It was cold...single digits today but Jeff had errands to run and Fanny needed dog food so we went out this afternoon.  I don't care how much warmer it's suppose to be tomorrow, I'm not going any where!  I want to finish the mittens I've got started and maybe start socks for me.  Besides sitting by the fire is a lot more comfortable than getting in and out of the car...even if one of the stops is at the library.  And, TLC is running a Little Couple marathon tomorrow bringing everyone up to date before starting the new season tomorrow night.  (And I didn't see the last couple of episodes of last season so they'll be new to me!!)      
    I'm impressed by the amount of knitting many of my knitting sibs at KnitTalk@yahoogroups.com did last year for family, friends and charity.  From April to December, all I do is knit for the shop and while I produced quite a bit, if I say so myself, there isn't much 'just' knitting I do.  My mom and I use to knit for the shop together and it was a lot easier to keep the shelves full with 2 of us knitting than me alone!  (This is just one of the times I miss her.) This past year I really tried to produce and today I went thru my monthly statements to see how I had done, counting what had sold, and coming up with 102 toddler hats (40 baseball, 36 flower, 8 apples, 14 pumpkins, 2 Santa and 2 Ms Santa), 10 baby sweater and hat sets, 2 skirt and sweater sets, 10 toddler sweater and hat sets including 3 Yankee pinstripe sets, 7 toddler hoodies, 5 girls' shrugs, 10 pairs of socks (4 ladies/6 baby) and 2 bibs. (No wonder my hands hurt some times!)  I had 4 hoodies, 3 baby sets, 3 shrugs, 1 skirt and sweater set, 2 sweaters, 1 pair of baby socks, 1 bib and 17 hats left over at the end of the season.  I'm going to take the rest of January off...except for working on mittens and socks for Jeff and me...before I start knitting for the shop.  Cooper Country reopens April 8th.
   My job tonight...and tomorrow...is to keep the fire going so I better get back to work.  Maybe I can finish the thumb tonight on the mittens I'm gifting. 

2 comments:

Beadknitter said...

Wow! You made a lot of items! And I thought I'd done a lot.

Beadknitter said...

Wow! You made a lot of items! And I thought I'd done a lot.