Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ring Ring

    We got new phones today!  Jeff and I have been talking about replacing our phones long before he moved in last August.  The cordless handheld units don't bounce very well and the 4 unit set I had was dying one unit at a time.  We had started looking at units at Walmart and Radio Shack but they were all 2 or 4 unit sets and we wanted a 3 unit set. (Why would 2 people in a 6 room house need more than 3 units???)  Last week I looked online at both Walmart and Radio Shack's sites and wasn't impressed.  Then  I looked at Best Buy's site and was pleasantly surprised.  They had a VTech 3 unit set on sale for $35.99 and there was no shipping charge!  We talked it over and I ordered the set on Wednesday and started following it's travel path online.  Today we found the box sitting on our door step!  Jeff quickly put the batteries in the units and now the new answering machine with its cordless handheld unit is in the TV room and there is a cordless handheld unit in each of our rooms.  Oh, no more jumping up in the middle of the night to run thru the dark house to answer the phone!! (We probably won't get anymore middle of the night 'wrong numbers' now.)
   Before the shop closed for the season in December the powers that be decided it was time to update our brochure.  New photos were taken and now we're working on the copy.  This morning we've been emailing revisions back and forth trying to come up with a working version.  Hopefully, we did it and our new and improved brochure will be ready for the spring reopening.
   It was also suggested that we keep posting photos of our 'growing stock' to the shop's Facebook page to remind people of what the shop carries.  Well, I can't post anything photo on this PC so I tried to use Jeff's but it didn't work as well as I wanted.  I ended up posting it to Facebook but not to the shop's Facebook page.  I think I'll have to go to the library this week and ask for some help. Oh, well.
   Today the wind is blowing and it's very cold but at least it stopped snowing. It looks like winter now...but that nor'easter isn't suppose to get close to us! 

No comments: