Saturday, January 9, 2016

What I Did on My Winter Vacation

     I have enjoyed these 2 weeks of winter vacation very much, accomplishing very little except reading all most of the Royal Spyness Mysteries by Rhys Bowen, watching all of last year's episodes of The Little Couple on TLC, going out to lunch with Jeff, visiting his sister in Utica, running into my cousin's grandson in Walmart and ending with a visit from Jeff's brother and nephew today.  My car finally returned from the repair shop late today with new brakes...it's been there since 12/28. (The long delay was because parts had to be ordered from Subaru and the back seat had to be removed before the brake line could be replaced.  Oh, yeah, and the mechanic is allergic to dogs and had to keep taking his meds to work in my car.  He said there was enough white dog hair under the back seat to build a rabbit!
   I've got a pair of mittens for me almost finished and could finish the job tomorrow if there's a good football game on.  I ordered the skein of sock yarn I need to make the legs of Jeff's socks the length he likes.  It was shipped yesterday and I think I'll find it in the mailbox on Tuesday or Wednesday so I better get my mittens done so I can work on his socks!
   Jeff's cutting wood again trying to fill up the new woodshed while we're burning wood from the old shed.  We're managing to keep the house warm during the day without the furnace running all the time, too.  When we went to Utica this week, Jeff bought a case (that's 40 lbs) of boneless/skinless chicken breasts at Chanatry's and we're canning about half of it.  Hamburg was only $2.88/lb there so we got 5 lbs of that, too.  We both wish we had a market like Chanatry's in Herkimer.
   We stopped at the Pro Bass Shop in Riverside on the way home from Utica, too, and since they let you bring your dog into the store, Fanny went in with us.  She walked on lead with Jeff and behaved very well, no barks or growls, or "oops" on the floor.  She wasn't too excited about people bending over to say hello to her but she behaved very well.  So well that when we stopped at Burger King to get something for to eat, Fanny got chicken nuggets as a treat!
   I guess I've goofed off enough and I should start knitting for the shop.  Maybe knitting spring sweaters and hats will make Spring get here faster?  Nay, I don't think so.

No comments: