Thursday, October 29, 2015

Christmas Already?

      After a slow but interesting day in the shop yesterday (less than $60 in sales/none of it mine, but with a couple of nice chats with customers...I even met a very nice and very polite black lab) where I got to read a lot of the book I brought with me, I decided it was time to start planning for Christmas.  A couple of baby-size Santa and Ms. Santa hats and red and white stripe baby socks were all I could come up with.   The display of pastel sweaters that are there didn't inspire any thoughts of sugar plum fairies, either.  Last year I tried a child's Fair Isle vest that didn't sell so I don't think I'll go that route again.  Of course, the train hoodie that's on my needles could be labeled the Polar Express...but it's not very girlish.  I'm not scheduled to work again until Nov. 9th so I've got time to come up with something new but I think I may do the hats this weekend and mail then to Judy so they will be available right away.
   I got home last night to find a crockpot full of Jeff's goulash...and a sink full of dishes!  The goulash is for supper today (it always has to cook for 2 days) and I had left a dirty kettle in the sink and he had added to it....but it was a small price to pay for the goulash!!  Jeff also cleaned the bathroom!!  Our sulfur water is hard on the toilet and he really scrubbed it getting hard-water marks off that have been there forever!  Fanny's back on Jeff's bed so I think he may have forgiven her for peeing on his bed
Back on Jeff's bed
but Fanny's still not being allowed freedom when going outside.

   My turn to have clean sheets but it's not because the dog peed on my bed, it's just time.   Time to turn my mattress, too, but I got it wedged/stuck halfway around and had to call for help.  Jeff got it turned and I got the bed made and all the pillowcases changed...there are 2 pillows on my side and 4 on Fanny's side but she does stretch out across them...kind of like a 'princess on a pea' act.  I think I may put 'new pillows' on my Christmas list since Fanny used the corners of most of them as teething toys when we first got her.  Maybe that's why she has 4 pillows on her side??  I know I'm going to put 'new sheets' on my list.  Between us I think we have 3 sets, definitely need another.
   I just checked and my sneakers are still wet from walking in the rain thru Doubleday Parking lot yesterday.  My socks were cotton and soaked and my feet were like ice when I got home.  I guess that's the end of this year's sneakers.  I think I better do a pair of wool socks for me before I do any for anyone else but right now it's back to those baby Santa hats!
Santa and Ms Santa Hats ready for the shop

P.S.   Just finished a delicious supper of Jeff's goulash...we both had 2 bowls!  And there's enough left for lunch tomorrow.  Jeff was busy today cutting wood and has about half the utility trailer filled.  He says he hopes to get it filled tomorrow and then, the next 2 days we'll be stacking wood.  Good thing I got 2 baby Santa and 1 Ms Santa hats done today.  I hope I can get one more done tonight and that should be enough to start the season with.  6:59pm 10/29/2015

No comments: