Thursday, November 5, 2015

At Last...!

    At last we got a couple of our green tomatoes to ripen!  The first group got the blight...inside the house!...and rotten right there in the window, but these two ripened nicely without any sign of the rot!
    We've been busy cutting and stacking firewood.  There's 3 1/2 rows in the shed now and probably room for another 3 1/2 rows with what Jeff's got ready to cut.  But he picked up more pallets today so I think we're going to have to put up another woodshed if he gets what he picked up today ready to cut for this season.   (He cuts for 2 days and we stack for 2 days and then take 2 days off to let our backs recover!  It doesn't get easier.)
   Yesterday we went to Gloversville to a sports shop Jeff saw advertised online.  It wasn't hard to find (would have been even easier if we had taken the right route) and the weather was nice for a ride.  Someone put a traffic circle on Rte 30 since the last time I was on that road and that threw me a little...got beeped at both going and coming!  I do not like traffic circles.  
   I finished my Black Sheep hoodie this afternoon.  Just have the embroidery to do on it and the Train hoodie...and sew in the back zippers and the buttons...got until Monday to finish them.  A little each day and they should be done and ready to take to the shop when I go down to work.  Got a few hats to take, too.  I got a couple of patterns for adult Aran ski hats that I hope I can get to this weekend, too. 

No comments: