Monday, November 23, 2015

Deck The Halls!

   The shop is decorated for Christmas and the
The front door of the shop
outside looks beautiful!  Around 4pm the spotlight goes on and sign really lights up!  Judy, Sharon and Abby outdid themselves!  Judy also
The side of the whop
did a wreath with all natural embellishments for the Adorn-a-door silent auction to raise funds for the art association but for some reason I can't download that photo today!

   OK, I did finished the Gingerbread Giant...man...and decided it's definitely a stuffed toy, not a tree ornament.  Disappointing.  So I tried
The Gingerbread Giant w/Santa & Ms. Santa Hats

it again...this time with a size 1 needle and sock yarn.  Came out much, much smaller and looks cute.  But a real bitch when I drop a stitch!!  I'd like to make a couple that size for the shop but I don't know if my hands will allow it...especially when there's wood to stack.  Hey, I even raised a blister on the back of the ring finger of my right hand...and it just hangs there not doing anything...as the base of the needle rubs it as it passes by!  Not to mention how many times I drew blood from the tip of my left index finger! Knitting can be very physical. 
   The only thing of mine that sold this weekend has been a Santa hat.  Oh, well.  They're easy to make.  Hope more than that sells this week!  I need to send in my yarn order so I can start knitting Christmas presents!  Saturday is 'Shop Local Saturday', and Friday and Saturday are traditional good sales days for the shop. 
   Got to clean house a little this week before Thanksgiving.  Good thing no one looks too closely!!

No comments: