Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Late Night Visit

   Last night around 9pm we had a visitor.   I was sitting at my PC in the parlor and Jeff was at his in his room watching something on Netflix when I heard it in the kitchen.  I stomped my feet and yelled and it scampered away.  Jeff came running to see what the commotion was about and I told him there was a mouse in the kitchen near the dog's dish.  Fanny checked that out (from behind Jeff's legs) and Jeff said we'd have to get some D-con or something today.  Then he went back to his movie and I decided to go into my bedroom with my little netbook well away from any mouse activity.  Fanny came with me for about half a minute, then jumped off the bed and went into Jeff's room, came back into my room...to make sure I was alright?...and then went back to his room and dove under his bed. (Brave watch dog, huh?)  She stayed there until he turned off his PC a couple of hours later.  She wasn't too sure about sleeping in my room until I put the puppy screen across the door way.  She sniffed it, decided it must be mouse proof coz she won't jump over it so of course a mouse won't, climbed back on the bed and went to sleep.  Now mice in the house in the fall are a fact of life in this little house in the little woods and they don't bother me too much, especially after I put out a couple of packets of D-con (on the attic and cellar stairs, well away from the dog) but I never had a dog that hid from a mouse before.
   Oh, I got a Facebook message from the shop yesterday afternoon...2 sweaters had just sold!  Judy called later and said I also sold a couple of baby hats and a pair of adult socks.  Not bad for the first week of November!  I got the embroidery finished on the 2 hoodies I've been working on, just leaving the zippers to sew in today, so they'll be ready for the shop on Monday.  I'd like to start another hoodie but I think I better spend some time making hats!  Jeff is outside cutting wood today so I know what he's planning for me to do tomorrow!!

No comments: