Sunday, November 15, 2015

Still Stacking Wood

    The weather today was sunny and pleasant so we spent about 2 hours this afternoon stacking wood.  Either Jeff is putting less on the trailer each time (I doubt it) or we're stacking faster!  There's just enough space in the woodshed for 1 1/2 rows then we'll have to decided if we're going to put up another woodshed next to this one.  And I actually cooked dinner today (Angie's Italian Fried Chicken, garlic mashed potatoes with gravy and green beans) which tasted pretty good if I say so myself...after working outside!  I just put together a Cherry Dump Cake and the smells from the oven are pretty good, too!
   I've been doing some size 6 months raglan-from-the-neck-down cardigans with a single intarsia design in the lower front corner for the shop.  They knit up fairly quickly and so far this weekend I've finished a white sheep on a honeydew green sweater and a yellow duck on a delft blue sweater. When I came in from stacking wood...and before I started dinner...I cast on for a pink sweater that will have a black sheep on the front. I'd like to do a baseball on a blue sweater, too, but I'll have to buy a skein of yarn first.  It's a change from working on the hoodies... even if they've only been size 1's... and since they work up so quick, these little sweaters are easier on my hands!  I'm not scheduled to work in Cooperstown until next Sunday so I might have time to do some hats, too. As part of a 'Shop Local' campaign, the shop will be donating part of our sales for the week before and after Thanksgiving to the food pantry.
   The on-line knitting group I belong to (KnitTalk on Yahoo) held it's annual 'Aftober' recently.  All members are encouraged to finish projects and talk about them.  Those who do receive a well-decorated envelope and a mystery 'prize of no great value'.  At the end of the month the prize is identified.  This year it was a Kumihimo loom (google it!). I'm looking forward to coming up with a project to use mine with.  Thank you, again, Afton and your helpers.    
   Our autumn visitors seem to have decided to move on.  Haven't heard them since we put D-con in the attic way and on the cellar stairs.  I have heard them a couple of times in the water closet in my room but it sounds like they were moving the D-con dispenser around to get into it easier.  Hate to do that to Mickey M's relatives, but.... 
   One of my Christmas cacti decided it was time to bloom.  This one blooms between Halloween and Thanksgiving and the other one between Thanksgiving and Christmas.   I was surprised  when I moved some furniture in the parlor yesterday to dust to find this one in bloom!  I guess it does pay to clean...once in awhile. (photos will be posted tomorrow.)
  

No comments: