Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Busy, Busy!

    Boy, did my sweater display look empty yesterday...and the hat rack, too!  I brought two hoodies and 5 hats with me but they didn't take up much space.  Good thing Judy suggested keeping the 2 pumpkin hats on display until Thanksgiving or the display would really have looked poor!  I've got a 'Pretty in Pink' (pink with white trim) hoodie...with a cable around the hood and 2 down the front...on the needles ready for sleeves.  Before I headed for Cooperstown I stopped at Walmart and got a skein of honeydew...a nice pale green... yarn for another hoodie with cables.  I've got some baby yarn around here someplace so maybe I'll do a couple of newborn sweater sets just to fill up the space, too.  And, Judy picked up some sock yarn for me on sale at JoAnn's on Sunday.  Jeff's socks are wearing out and I haven't ordered my yarn for Christmas gifts yet so it will come in handy. 
What's left of the teapot collection
   I'm not scheduled to work in the shop again until the Sunday before Thanksgiving so I think I have enough time to knit...and stack wood...and maybe even clean house a little. I've been boxing up and putting away a lot of my teapots as I clean the shelves ever since the type-drawer shelf in the kitchen fell off the wall this summer.  The Christmas teapots...and most of the holiday knickknacks...have taken over since they don't get put away.  There was just getting to be too much stuff with everything else.
   This morning Jeff and I stacked wood and we got the trailer emptied!  He didn't think we'd get it all done but we did! 
The shed's almost full!
When we were finished he went to town to check the parking lot but the hardware store didn't have enough pallets stacked up to make it worthwhile to hitch up the trailer and go get a load. (YEA!!) He's got a lot of pallets taken apart ready to be cut and stacked so there's enough to keep him busy...hey, do I hear the saw??  Oh, no!!!

   We've been waiting for the man from Harbor Point to come over this afternoon and clean our furnace and he just got here.  (Jeff insists we do it every year  and it's kind of late in the season to be doing it in November!)  Fanny barked threaten-ly and then hid under the kitchen table.  (Oh, thank goodness for tablecloths that hang over and create hidey holes!)

No comments: