Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday, Monday

     Ah, Monday, again, and that pile of wood hasn't 
moved much.  Jeff's got some of it cut and on the 
trailer waiting...for me...to stack it in the woodshed.
I've got a Traveling Cable Hat ready to decrease and
Traveling Cable Hat Waiting for decreases
The 1st cable hat
I'd like to get it finished before Wednesday so I can take it to the shop.  It's an adult hat and so far I've worked on it for 2 days but it's on US 6's in worsted burgundy and doesn't 'grow' very fast.  I've poked a couple of holes in my index finger, too...and I usually do that only when I doing socks!  The proposed price of this hat has gone up, too.  It's taken as much time to knit as a size 1 sweater so the price will probably be the same.  I did another adult cable hat that went faster without the finger punctures, too.
    Jeff's PC just got back from it's trip to the repair shop in Irving, Texas.  It beat all of the predictions of it's return...even the one on the tracking page that said it wouldn't be delivered until late this afternoon!  (The UPS truck was here before 11am!!)  He's busy checking passwords and so far, is pleased with the repair.  And yes, they did replace the Mother Board.  But, because he had purchased replacement insurance when he got the PC, the entire process just cost him some packing tape and time.  Not  a bad deal, at all.
   The green tomatoes we brought in to try to ripen developed blight and rotten eventho they didn't show any signs of blight before they started to ripen.  And they were ripening so nicely when they developed blight.  UCK!!  Most of the strawberries didn't ripen, either, but the 2nd basket is still flowering.  Don't understand why?????

No comments: