Saturday, October 24, 2015

Keeping Busy

   Jeff's been busy cutting wood this week. It's about ready to be stacked in the woodshed (oh, wonderful---my job) and not a moment too soon.  Today it's only  37degrees outside and it's almost noon!  Yesterday we went 'wishful shopping' and priced a fireplace insert.  It seems such a waste not to use the fireplace....   Anyway, it will be about $4000 to have a wood burning insert with a chimney insert installed.  Something to think about definitely.  Now, how many sweaters and hats will have to sell to pay for that?
   Here's another way to warm up this winter...Jeff's crop of Ghost peppers and Italian long-hots!  They're

 headed for the dehydrator and will end up as crushed hot peppers...so good on pizza and spaghetti!
   After Jeff's ophthalmology appointment in Cooperstown Thursday we went to Sal's on Main St for lunch.  I have been telling Jeff how good the food is at Sal's and he decided to try it.  Jeff had a sausage sub with onions and peppers and said it was the best one he's had in 20 years.  He even praised the bread!  I had pizza and Sal's is always good!  My mom use to say the sauce at Sal's tastes like someone's mother made it.  Now, that's high praise!
   Jeff had sent his PC to the repair shop to be fixed
and got word last night that it was fixed and would be shipped shortly. (Looks like my prediction of 2 weeks may be right.)  He thinks they just changed the mother board but if that fixes it....   Now's he tracking it home from Irving, Texas via UPS.  I'm saying it will be here Tuesday or Wednesday.  (Sharing this PC hasn't been so bad....)
   I went to the library this morning to print some knitting patterns coz my printer is out of ink (it's on the top of my shopping list for next month) and finally took the correct camera cord so I could download photos.  (Now I've got to mark that cord so it doesn't get mixed up with all the others again.) I added the photo of Jeff's wooded bowl to a previous blog posting...where it belonged...and put the 2 photos on this page so I could write around them when I got home. Now that I've done that I think I better get busy and knit. 
    This weekend's projects will be adult winter hats, and maybe some baby hats to match.  I have to work in the shop on Wednesday and want to have a few to take down.  We're still getting tourists on weekends and locals have started coming in during the week...to do holiday shopping??  I think I need
something new to catch their eye and I think I may have found it.  Photos to follow when something is finished!

No comments: