Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Live Love Beelieve

     Today was my mammogram.  Not something I look forward to but it is necessary.   Shared a laugh with the receptionist over the usual joke...if a man had to put 'his' in a vise...she agreed (her appointment is on Friday)... and received a gift bag because I was having it done in October! It contained a hairbrush, pedicure brush and pumice stone, scrub pad and a wooden massage tool.  Oh, yeah, and a  'Live Love Beelieve' lapel pin. All in a neat little plastic zip make-up case that will be perfect for a project bag. I know a ball of yarn and a circular needle will fit coz the one I had with me slipped in easily and fit in my purse.
   When I got back home Jeff was busy packing up his PC for it's trip to the repair shop in Texas.  The postage paid box...complete with foam bumpers and packing instructions... had arrived  yesterday afternoon via UPS.  It took longer to find the roll of packing tape (it was in the garage) than to get the PC packed!  Jeff took it down to the UPS store this afternoon.  He's got the tracking number for it and will keep an eye on it on line.  He thinks it will take 4-6 weeks before he gets a PC...probably a rebuilt one.  I don't think it will take that look...maybe 2-3 weeks.  And the race is on....
    The marinated pork chops we had for supper last night were different.  I over cooked them a little and the flavor was a bit strange...every once in awhile you got a taste of orange, but we'll use the marinator again.
    I didn't get much done on the hat I had with me this morning so I think I better get busy.  Thursday we'll go to Cooperstown for Jeff's eye exam and a stop at the shop to restock.  Maybe I can get him to stop someplace for supper on the way home.

No comments: