Saturday, March 30, 2019

Dolly and Me

   I think I finally got the Dolly and Me Sweater set right. I knit and ripped
quite a few 'Dolly' size sweaters before I finally just sat down with my regular raglan from the neck down pattern, the doll sweater pattern I liked the best...or was it the one I disliked the least...and a calculator.  It took several tries but I finally got a sweater that actually looks like the child's sweater I make but quite a bit smaller...just the size for an 18" doll like an American Girl doll.  Then I stated the child's sweater and...ran out of yarn!  I was using Mary Maxim's Baby Blankie, an acrylic self-patterning acrylic yarn called Sweet Pea...but it's not available
locally so I did as much as I could on the child's sweater...a size 2...and put them both aside until I can order a skein of yarn.
  Today I made another Dolly size sweater...this time with Red Heart acrylic worsted in Minty leftover from a child size 2 I had made in a design I call Flowers and Lace. The doll sweater
looks so cute! A real miniature version of the child's sweater.  Only thing...the buttons look
too big on the doll sweater to me but I don't have any smaller pink buttons.  The other Dolly and Me set is a Black
Sheep Sweater set with the child's sweater a size 6. 
They are hand-knit with Red Heart acrylic worsted in Perfectly Pink.  The purple buttons look really too large on the doll sweater but will have to do for now!
  I'm not sure how these sets will sell so I think this should be enough to start the season.  The shop opens on April 11th so time is running out!!

No comments: