Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Guernsey Vests and Buttons

   I finished my 2nd Guernsey vest today.  This one, also a child's size 6, is hand-knit in Red Heart's Grey Heather, on US 8 circulars.  I like using Red Heart yarns because they are wash and dryable acrylics that wear well and can become family heirlooms.  The first vest was done in Red Heart's Soft Navy, the traditional color for a Guernsey, but I think I like it better in the Grey Heather.  You can't see the patterns very well

in either the photo but I still like the vests.  I had thought about doing another in purple but have decided to wait and see if either of these sells first.
   The rest of my button order came today so I have no excuses for not sewing buttons on cardigans.  

They almost look like some button candy I remember from my childhood...only a tad more expensive!  That's roughly $100 of buttons in the photo (between $200 and $300 in a store) and will finish 15-18 sweaters depending on the sizes. No excuses for not producing sweaters now!

No comments: