Sunday, March 17, 2019

Too Much Knitting, A Wee Bit of Grocery Shopping and Some Magic Words



    I finished another sweater yesterday.  It's a size 2  done on US 5 and 7's with Red Heart's Gray Heather and Pink.  Question is do we want pink or gray buttons?  Walmart had nothing!  Neither!! So I ordered gray buttons from Button.com (I already have pink ones).
It will take 5-7 days for them to get here and when they arrive and I get them sewed on I will repost a photo.
   After that I started a baby cocoon on US6's circulars with white Bernat Baby Sport.  Looks very boring, just knit.  I think I may put some design or texture stitches in towards the bottom.  Working on the 6's made my left hand ache more than normal, sooner than normal so after my shopping spree I started a another sweater on US 5 and 7's circulars in With Love from Red Heart in papaya.  This one will be a size 4 and probably be Flowers and Lace...haven't done one of them yet this year.  I was disappointed with the yarn selection at Walmart.  Not much was left of Red Heart's worsted weight skeins.  With Love is slightly more expensive but 1 skein will make a nice 4 sweater.  It was the only skein that jumped out at me as I walked down the yarn aisle.  And I've
got some nice white, pearly buttons that will finish it perfectly.  Photo to follow.
   While I was in Walmart I decided to look for some compression gloves.  I had checked online and they carry both the magnet and copper fused types.  I had tried copper back when I first had problems with carpal tunnel syndrome and well, it never made any difference, so I wasn't too excited about copper fused gloves.  Besides they are more expensive than the magnet fused models!  Anyway, Walmart was out of them, they should be restocked this week.  I don't know if I'll wait or if I'll check Rite-Aid.
  After I got home and hustled the bags into the house and everyone got their treat from Burger King, the dogs decided it was their time to go outside.  Since neither one of us wanted to go for a walk with them, they were taking turns going on the long leash.  Fanny was first and when she came in, Zoey was in a hurry to go out.  While Jeff was trying to hook up a squirming beagle Fanny decided she'd go
out with Zoey and slipped past Jeff.  Zoey saw that Fanny was loose and took off, too.  Jeff tried calling them but they stayed out of his reach...he was in bedroom slippers on the ice covered driveway!  Jeff
came in to change shoes and get a jacket and the dogs disappeared around the garage.  I thought for a minute, grabbed a walking leash and went out and stood next to the car.  I called the dogs, opened a car door and said the magic words 'who wants to go for a ride in the car?'  Both dogs came around the garage and Zoey jumped right in the car.  I grabbed her and clicked on the leash.  We walked back to the house with Fanny following.  Jeff met us at the door...surprised that they came back so fast.  I told him that I had learned to use the magic words with my Border Collie mix, Teddie, and they even worked on our camp neighbor's lab mix, Thor.  The girls got a treat from me and a stern taking to from Jeff before they all curled up for their afternoon naps and I went back to knitting.

No comments: