Friday, March 8, 2019

Something New for the Shop!

   I seem to have my knitting mojo back in full force this week.  I finished something new...this toddler's dress, a size 2 with Red Heart's Minty on US 7's.  It took 2 days plus half an hour this morning to finish the bind off because I ripped out the skirt after I had worked about 4".  Once I restarted the skirt and knew what I was doing it just moved along nicely.  
   I had picked up a HUGE pile of DVD's that I had ordered from the library and have my choice of British detective show to knit by.  Instead of bingeing on 1 series, I watch 1 disc (that's 3 episodes) then change to another series.  Makes the time go quickly...except I've got to get a new desk chair!  This old one...brought with me from the library when I retired...is not that comfortable to knit in after a couple of hours.  The dogs have claimed  their chairs leaving me the desk chair!  We hadn't been able to  
buy any firewood at Tractor Supply for a couple of weeks because someone always seem to buy it all just before we get there.  (Once the man in front of me in line was 

buying 12 bundles, cleaning them out of firewood until their next delivery!)  When we don't get firewood from TS we don't have a fire in the woodstove in the TV room and that makes it too cold for me to sit in for long periods of time and knit.  (I'll watch the News on TV but that's about all I can manage.)  When we have firewood I can put a DVD in the machine and we can all sit in comfort in that room.  There is still wood in our shed but the plastic roof got ripped up in an earlier storm and the wood is buried in snow and frozen in place.  When we can get to it...not an easy task in itself, it's pretty near impossible to get any wood because it's all one big frozen lump!  Make that another reason why living in a little house in a little woods gets more difficult as you get older.    Oh, well, enough complaining, time to get back to work!

  

No comments: