Thursday, September 29, 2016

Keeping Busy

    We went to Jeff's sister's yesterday.  She had called and asked if he'd come up and do a few things for her that she couldn't handle.  Some of the things...replace the dust to dawn light on the garage and change the broken door bell...he did without fuss but the length of the list got to him and he...and I...ended up just giving her advice on most of the items.  When we were back in the car on the way home I asked if I could write up a to-do list to get things done around our house.  His answer was nonverbal.  But what do they say, a look is worth a thousand words?
   I've been trying something different...fingerless

mitts for little girls (ages 6-8).  The blue ones on the left are acrylic and the red ones on the
right are washable wool.  Both are knit from leftover sock yarn on 2 short 2.75mm circular needles.  There's quite a bit of leftover sock yarn in my stash so I'm always looking for a way to use it up.  Hope this works!  I'll do a couple more pairs tomorrow and take them all to the shop on Saturday when I work and we'll just see if they sell.  In the meantime, there's a couple of sweaters that need buttons before they're ready to go on the shelf.  And last week I had a short run on my Little Girls' Flower Hats so I better make some of them, too.  Always something!

No comments: