Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Hogwarts Express Part II

      Today I went to the Ilion Library and finally got the Ravelry site to open.  Went to my account and there was the tag for the pattern.  It downloaded and printed...for $1.20...without any problems.  I've been working on the first part of the shawl since yesterday afternoon and, sad to say, although I've got almost 200 stitches on my needles, I haven't used more than a quarter of the first skein of sock yarn yet.  It's going to take a couple of days before I get to the owls.  The designer suggests several ways to get a nice even edge for the shawl but I decided to do it my way.  I cast on 8st instead of 6 and sl st the 1st stich before I followed the directions for the set up row and k the last st in the row.  After that every row starts with a sl st and ends with a K st with their directions inbetween.  And every row starts the same for me:  sl 1, k2, yo and watch those sts drop off the needle as I try to K in front and back of the next st.  Sock yarn and US5 needles don't get along too well on the edges...but I'm sticking with it.  I still like how the yarn is working up.  I just wish it would 'grow' a little faster.  Several other family members have said how much they like this design and I've offered them the same family price as I did Jk but so far I haven't had any takers.  I may make 1 for the shop...but that will have a price tag of $45.

No comments: