Monday, September 12, 2016

Hogwarts Express Shawl

Time to buy those buttons!


     I did another 18-wheeler sweater this weekend...this time in a size 2...because I got an e-mail notice Friday that the yarn I had ordered for my cousin's Hogwarts Express shawl/scarf had been shipped and was probably going to arrive on Monday or Tuesday.  (I wanted to make sure if the one in the shop sold this weekend I could replace it.)  I got the sweater almost finished...2 rows to go to the bottom ribbing...when I found the package from KnitPicks in the mailbox this morning.  (I was expecting a visit from a brown truck!)  I love the
Love the owls' sparkling eyes!
yarn my cousin picked!  It's Stroll Tweed Down Heather.  I really wanted
to start the shawl but I hadn't printed the pattern yet so this morning I went to the library to print it.  But...I couldn't get the Ravelry site to open.  It kept saying I had the wrong password. I came home and changed my password...I even checked it to make sure I could open the page!  Then I went back to the library and tried again and  still couldn't get the Ravelry site to open.  So I gave up and came home and copied the first part of the
Stroll Tweed in Down Heather from KnitPick
shawl directions by hand.  I've got the shawl started and since sock yarn on US5's doesn't 'grow' very fast I think
I'll stay busy tonight.  Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the Ilion Library and see if someone there can get the site to open and my pattern to print.















'
                                                                      

No comments: