Friday, September 30, 2016

A TracPhone Can't Swim

     My TracPhone....a flip phone model...went swimming last night.  It didn't go alone, it was in Jeff's pocket when he fell into the pond near Lowe's in Herkimer.  It was the 3rd attack of the gremlins    
he had suffered thru while fishing there last night. The first attack knocked over his Coleman lantern breaking the globe...that required a quick trip to Walmart for a replacement.  The
2nd attack pulled his lite lantern into the pond...a giant fish after a big lite bopper?  He managed to pull it out, clean it up and relight the lantern. When he finally called it quits, put out the light and packed up, Jeff became disorientated and fell into the pond.  He was wearing jeans, a flannel shirt, wool socks, work boots and his winter jacket.  All his pockets held something...ID, money, my phone, etc.  Everything got wet.  I never heard him come home...it was well after 1am and Fanny and I were asleep.  I did hear him taking a shower but I thought he was just cold and trying to warm up.  This morning I found a pile of wet clothes in the laundry room, the wet contents of his pockets and my TracPhone on the kitchen table.  Jeff suggested plugging it in to see what would happen (sparks and a blow up??) and I did.  The screen lite up and that's all.  He just tried it and it works...makes and receives phone calls...but the screen remains blank.  Oh, well, as long as the thing acts like a phone!
   And yes, I couldn't help myself.  I told Jeff 'and that's why I'm not happy about you going fishing alone at night'.  Can you guess the answer I got?  Yep. 

No comments: