Wednesday, September 7, 2016

18 Wheels

    I've spent the last 4 days trying to get this design to work.  Ripped the sweater back to the underarms 3 times!  I just couldn't get the 18-wheelers to look   
right...or be in the right lanes!  Jeff tried to explain it to me.  Tim, his nephew, who had a trucking company and drove these big rigs, tried to explain it to me.  Nothing got thru to me.  Finally, yesterday afternoon Jeff took me
down to Walmart's parking lot and showed me what they were trying to tell me.  Suddenly it all made sense!  I was never so happy to finish a sweater in my life!  I was going to get fancy and do some
embroidery on the rigs but I'm so glad to get it done I don't want to touch the sweater again!  It's a size 1 and is done in Red Heart acrylics.  It will be in the shop on Friday.

FYI: the first wheel on the cab is a single tire and all the rest of the wheels are double tires so that's 9 wheels on each side of the rig or 18 wheels all together!







 

No comments: