Thursday, September 15, 2016

Another Day in the Woods

    Yesterday when I stepped out of the shower the bathroom floor was covered with water.  I couldn't figurer out if something was leaking or if I had left the shower door open when I tossed the used washcloth out on to the floor before I washed my hair, so I just mopped the floor and got ready to go to the shop.  When I got home I remembered to mention it to Jeff...who knew all about it because he had found the bathroom curtain (a 3" long valance) dripping with water! He suggested the easiest way to find out what was wrong was just to turn on the shower, so I did...and was sprayed with water from the base of the shower head where it screwed onto the pipe coming out of the wall!  Mr. Plumber decided we just needed a new shower head.  This is usual for plumbing fixtures that deal with sulfur water...they don't last long.  The sulfur/iron salt hardens in the pipe until the water pressure causes the pipe to burst...and that's what happened yesterday morning. It doesn't water how much you spend for the fixtures either.  Moen last as long as the cheaper labels so we don't buy Moen anymore.  Today we got a new shower head ($9.98 at Lowe's) and Jeff installed it.  All problems should be solved so easily.   He rewarded  himself by going fishing after lunch. 
Fanny was hoping she'd
get taken along. She might share his chair but he won't share his lunch or his fishing trip to Lowe's pond.
   I spent the rest of the afternoon working on the Hogwarts's Express scarf that I'm knitting in sock yarn on US5's.  It's working up nice and soft but so-o slowly.  I finished the first part of the scarf this afternoon.  Now I have to do an increase row that doubles the number of stitches...and I already have about 250 sts...on the needle!  Then I can start to work the cables that create the owls.  Oh, I've got to thread the beads for the owls eyes on the 2nd ball of yarn before I attach it so I can work the beads in place as I come to that part, too.

No comments: