Friday, February 19, 2016

The Red Baseball Hoodie

 The red baseball hoodie is finished...except for the back zipper, of course, because Wal Mart still hasn't restocked 18" zippers.  I think a trip to JoAnn Fabrics in Utica in the next couple of weeks may be necessary.  Not only can't I get the zippers in my local Wal Mart, the selection of Red Heart acrylic worsted is, how shall I put it in a politically correct way, not vast.  Yesterday I wanted to get a 7oz skein of white and a 7oz skein of soft navy.  Instead I came away with 14oz skeins of both...and the navy skein was the last one on the shelf.  I got the last 3 card of baseball buttons by LeBouton, too.   They're a little expensive 
($1.49 a card for 2 buttons) but they really finish the hoodie.  I think the next hoodie will be a pin-stripe (navy ribbing and sleeves with white hood and body with navy pin-stripes) and then a navy/white hoodie.  Hopefully by then I'll have found some nice, girly colors to do some pretty hoodies.  Oh, can't forget to do 2 toddler hats between each hoodie.  The shop opens in 50 days and I might have a nice selection of new sweaters after all.
   I met a nice older lady in the yarn department who was getting ready to teach a class at the senior apartment building where she lives.  She was a little apprehensive that she'll get a dozen women her age (about 80) who've never held knitting needles before and blow the class.  I told her to just go slow and the class size would probably decrease in size by 50% each week so after 3 weeks she would have just a few interested students.  And that's what she wants.  Jeff even modeled a pair of his wool socks for her which she loved!  I hope she does well.  Now I wish I had offered to stop in at her class...
    

No comments: