Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Hint of Spring

   Today we enjoyed a hint of Spring.  The sky was blue and the air was warm...in the 50's (that's warm for the end of February!!)  Jeff, Fanny and I went to Jeff's sister's in Utica this afternoon so he could fix her gutter.  It had come loose during last week's rain storm and was in danger of coming off the house.  It took him about 10 minutes to refasten it.  We had gone to JoAnn Fabrics in New Hartford first because I was looking for 18" white zippers for my hoodies.  No luck there.  I did get 2 navy blue ones that I can use but they were out of the white zippers I really need. And no red ones, either.  But I did find some Paton's Kroy Socks FX yarn...the weight Jeff prefers...in a blue-gray ombre  called Cadet Colors so I got 3 skeins for a pair of socks for him. And they were on sale, too (regularly $6.49 for $4.86)!  When I got back in the car I handed him the bag of yarn and said "Happy Birthday!"  They won't be done by his b-day on Tuesday but he knows he's getting them!
   After he did his handyman gig at his sister's
we went to the Bass Pro Shop in the mall on the way home.  They allow dogs to come into the store so Fanny went in with us.  She wasn't too happy about that because people kept talking to her and trying to pet her. (She is very timid.)  The greeter at the front of the store offered her a dog treat when we first came in but she didn't want anything to do with him. But when one of the clerks in the gun department who is in a wheelchair offered her a treat she took it!  It surprised both Jeff and me.  She wouldn't get friendly with him but she took and ate the treat!  A real first for her!
   And since there is a Walmart Super Center next to Bass Pro Shop,  we stopped there before heading home, hoping they might have white 18" zippers but again no luck.  I'm beginning to wonder if there is a shortage on 18" white zippers for some special reason. I did pick up a jumbo skein of Red Heart turqua in worsted weight for a Black Sheep Sweater...maybe even a hoodie. 
   Oh, I was reading my emails and found a pattern in AllFreeKnitting for a dog hoodie so I did one last night in small thinking one of Sherry's dogs could model it for a photo today.  (She has a mini Schnauzer and a mini Schnauzer-Cocker) but both Max and Sunny aren't 'small' any more...more like medium.  Oh, well, here's a photo of my Doggie Pin-Stripe.  It would look a lot better with a dog...even a stuffed dog...in it but that's the way things are going today.  No white 18" zippers and no doggie models.


   Now it's time for the next-to-last Downton Abbey episode.  I'll miss that show.

No comments: