Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pin-Stripe Hoodie

   My first pin-stripe hoodie of the season is finished...well, it's still needs the back zipper but that will have to wait until I can get to JoAnn Fabrics because Walmart hasn't restocked zippers in the local superstore yet.  I decided not to pin-stripe the hood because my right hand couldn't take it.  After 2 days of steady knitting...soft navy on straight US 7's...got the sleeves finished and then 109 stitches in white on a circular US7 finished the body...I was having spasms in the palm of my hand (arthritis) that even woke me up during the night!  I pin-striped it yesterday and then decided the hood could stay plain.  I'm pleased with it.  Today I'll try to do 2 toddler hats before starting another hoodie.  My stock bag is getting full!  There's just a little over a month until the shop reopens.  Got to stay busy!!
   The Imprezza has an appointment with the mechanic this afternoon to have the exhaust pipe fixed.  It blew a fitting last week and Dave had to order a part to put it back together.  The hood latch needs to be looked at, too.  Jeff is going to ask about trading it in toward a Forester that's on the lot.  The Imprezza is great on gas but doesn't stay on the road for us very well.  It has too much sway and play...especially in the winter on snowy, icy roads.

1 comment:

kittie said...

Hi Mary.

Your #1 Fan thinks that this is adorable. Thanks for sharing...Mari