Sunday, February 21, 2016

Keeping Busy

   Yesterday I went with Jeff to Bare Arms, a neat little gun shop outside of Little Falls where he had ordered his new hand gun (a Smith & Wesson SD9)  after spending a couple of weeks researching the gun online.  He had picked up the gun in the morning but was having trouble with it and his holster so we went back and he got a new holster and took some time to shoot the gun on the practice range with the shop owner.  Jeff is pleased with the S&W pistol and now wants me to get a gun permit so I can learn to shoot it, too.  He surprised me with that in the pistol permit office!  Now all I need is $125 for the fee!!  We'll see.  I have enough trouble trying to sight a long gun, I don't know if I can do better with a  hand gun.  I think we're going to have to join the Fish & Game club because it has the only shooting range around here.  Oh, Fanny sat in the car quietly while Jeff was on the shooting range and didn't seem upset by the shooting.
   I worked on my pin-stripe hoodie a lot yesterday, too.  I've got the white hood and 1st navy sleeve almost finished.  I should finish that sleeve and do the other one this afternoon.  The rest of the hoodie is white...until the bottom ribbing which is soft navy...so this hoodie should go fast.  The pin-striping will take a couple of days, not because pin-striping is difficult but because my right hand hurts...arthritis...and the palm at the base of the fingers is a little swollen making holding on to a sewing needle, even a yarn needle, a little difficult.  But if I keep at it, I can finish it by the middle of the week.  If I don't knit for a day my hand hurts just as much AND I can't bend my fingers as easily.  I'll keep knitting.

No comments: