Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Lazy Days Of Winter

   Boy, I have been really babying myself with this cold.  I haven't been further out the door than to hook up Fanny since Tuesday...and I've gone thru a box of tissues and 2 rolls of tp blowing my nose!  Now Jeff has it and last night the house practically vibrated with our coughing and hacking all thru the night!  He ran the vaporizer next to his bed and that helped some.  I think it helped both of us adding moisture to the house...it's a small house, remember...but he just gave me a dirty look when I said that.  Of course, he's not staying home taking care of himself but out running his errands.  I have to admit I never stayed home to nurse a cold before.  It's kind of nice just to be lazy, laying in bed, reading, drinking hot tea or cappuccino, napping in the middle of the day, watching what TV I can get over the airwaves in my room, using my netbook for the internet (the type is so-o-o small!).  I keep saying 'maybe tomorrow I'll go __', but when tomorrow gets here I don't go anywhere! But all this idleness has an limit. I have to have my monthly INR (finger prick) on Monday so I have to go out then. All good things must come to an end, huh?  Besides, I've got to get back to knitting.  It's kind of hard knitting while you're blowing your nose all the time!
   I wanted to share this, one of the photos my cousin, Mary Carol, recently scanned and posted of my mom, my aunt Fran and my cousin Skipper taken in 1945.  Skipper, John Vereuck, died last week in California. His family moved west when he was about 6 or 7 yrs old (I think).  I know his mom and younger brother and sister visited regularly after that until the early 1970's but I don't remember Skipper or their dad once they moved.  Since he was about 6 years older than me, I don't expect he hung around much with us 'little kids' when they did visit.  My mom, my aunt and Skipper's mom, Ro, were really BFF's besides being aunts and niece because they were close in age. (Skipper's grandmother was their older sister, about 20 years older than my mom and my aunt, Fran, was a year or 2 younger than Mom.)  Another

sister, Antoinette, owned the camera and loved taking photos of everyone and everything!  There are enough photos of me as an infant/toddler to fill up 2 albums...oh, yes, they do fill up 2 albums and that's why I never liked having my photo taken as an adult!

No comments: