Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Cataract Countdown

   The countdown to cataract surgery has begun.  I now have a pre-op appointment in Cooperstown for the afternoon of Oct. 17th, followed by a visit with my cardiologist for the the same day/place.   The procedure on my right eye will be done on Oct. 26 (the only Thursday I was scheduled to work in the shop as I predicted!!) at Little Falls Hospital.  I will see the ophthalmologist at the Eye Clinic in Cooperstown the next morning, Oct 27, to have the bandages removed and have a post-op check-up.  The left eye will be done a couple of weeks afterwards, again at Little Falls Hospital.
   Already there have been problems!  Dr. Lemanksi ordered 2 eye drops to begin 2 days before the procedure and somehow the instructions got screwed up on their way to the pharmacy at Wal-mart in Herkimer.  I'm suppose to use  antibiotic and  anti inflammatory drops but there was only the antibiotic  waiting for me today and it's instructions were wrong so the pharmacist called Bassett to try and straighten out the instructions.  After a few minutes on the phone it was decided not to let me take that bottle home until the instructions get straightened out and the other orders come thru. Instead I got a bottle of Artificial Tears to use until the days right before the procedure.
   I'm going to try and really clean the house...and floors that week before the procedure and then dump puppy care in Jeff's lap for 1 week. 'No bending or lifting' to me means no mopping floors, picking up used pee pads or warm little piles that Zoey leaves around when she misses the pads.  Jeff can also fill the water and food dishes coz that requires bending.  Hey, fastening the leashes requires bending,  so he can let the dogs out, too!  Boy, will he have fun!!   At least 1 of us will and I'm not sure it will be me.

No comments: