Friday, September 29, 2017

Another Day at the Eye Clinic

   Back from another day at the Eye Clinic at Bassett in Cooperstown.  My new ophthalmologist is a young woman named Nicole Lemanski.  She seems very nice and quite knowledgeable.  Had a couple new tests done on my eyes and she was satisfied with their results and with the results that Dr. Manns had reported from my earlier visits.  She's approved the cataract surgery and ordered eye drops...antibiotic and anti-inflammatory...for the days immediately prior to and for the month after the procedure, and prednisone drops for month after.  And she gave me a list of no-no's for the month following surgery including no eye make-up! (UCK!)  Now I'm just waiting for Shannon from the Eye Clinic to call to schedule the procedure.  Dr. Lemanski mentioned she'd like me to see my cardiologist prior to the procedure, too,  and I told her I was scheduled to see him 11/14th.  She said maybe Shannon could get me in to see him sooner.  Just have to wait and see what gets scheduled when. And Dr. Lemanski said if it's up to her, it's not necessary to bridge off of Warfarin.  When I told Jeff that on the way home he asked if the cardiologist would go along with it and I couldn't answer him.  Something else I have to wait and find out about.  And since Dr Lemanski operates at Little Falls on Thursdays we agreed that's where my procedure will be done.  Now I'm schedule to work just 1 Thursday in October (the 26th), anybody want to bet that will be the day my cataract procedure gets scheduled? 


No comments: