Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Always Something To Do

   My house looks like we had a ticker tape parade INSIDE!  I'm cleaning and re-arranging bedroom furniture to make it easier for the guys from Pace Windows to measure the windows tomorrow.  Unfortunately, it makes it easier for Zoey, the puppy, to get into mischief!  Now she can reach my dresser and has decided the Eyeore bopplehead is perfect for her.  NO WAY!  I've chased her thru the house a couple of times to rescues it.  Had to put it up above her reach...I hope...to keep it safe.  Now I'm worried about some of the stuffed animals...the Wedding Gown bear I had made from my mom's wedding gown last winter especially and some of the ones Jeff had given Mom and me over the years...as well as some books and photos. And she's shredded most of the  newspapers and catalogues she's found in my room, as well as a dry pee pad(a new habit), thru the house!  I've got to sweep the living room and my bedroom before I do anything else!
  Tim sent some 'after Irma' photos of his house in S. Florida but I can't cut and paste them here like I want to without some help.  If I do, they will disappear in a couple of days.  I'm going to ask for 'help' at the library the next time I go to town and maybe someone there can figure out how to make the photos stay.
  Jeff worked outside yesterday clearing away more weeds and overgrown shrubs on the west side of the house.  He's got the area clear almost to the property line...something I was never able to do with just a 'walk behind' mower, a weedwacker and a pair of clippers!  What a difference it makes!!  Once the grass grows back it will really make this place look like something...not just a little house in a little clearing in the woods!!  Now with all the lawn we'll have next year I can see the need for the Cub Cadet rider!!  (As long as I don't have to drive it.)

No comments: