Friday, September 8, 2017

Zoey, Irma and a Little Knitting, too!

   Yesterday must have been a boring day for the puppy although she certainly tried to keep herself busy!  I've gotten into the habit of hanging my knitting bag on the back of the parlor chair I usually sit in.  It's a wingback and that keeps...or kept the bag above Zoey's head.  Well, yesterday she figured out that if she climbed into the seat of the chair and onto the arm she could reach into the bag and pull the WIP...the sweater on the needles...out.  And she did!  Then she reached in and grabbed the skein of yarn, white of course, and took off thru the house!  That's when Jeff noticed her and saved my yarn and sweater.  She tried to 'alter' the tips of the Rainbow Wood interchangeable circular needles I was using, too, but they turned out to be harder than she expected and she only scratched them (although she did bite the soft circular cable but not badly.) {Sat., 9/9/17:  Zoey decided to try bamboo circular needles
today.  She didn't even bother to take the WIP out of the project bag...just chewed the end of the needle!  Bamboo may be a strong wood but a puppy's teeth can chew it up easily!}  Then last night she was burrowing in the closet by my pc (I thought for a bone Fanny had hide there)and came out with another WIP, this time a project bag that was being worked with double yarn!  She dropped one skein and ran with the other one in her mouth!  It took a couple of minutes but we cornered her and again rescued the yarn and knitting project.  It seemed every I sat at the computer to track a friend's progress in his family's evacuation from Hurricane Irma in Florida, Zoey did something she shouldn't have!  I don't know if she was hiding  
or retrieving something from the bowels of the couch in this shot!   I got up once to answer the phone and she tore 2 pages from the notebook that the pattern I was using was in!  Jeff took both dogs outside to run around during the sunny times and they napped when they came back in, but Zoey definitely has more energy than all 3 of us (Jeff, Fanny and me) put together!Jeff's calling her  the Energized Beagle!
   As for my friends' evacuations from Florida and Hurricane Irma, Tim and his family (dog, son and girl friend, daughter and fiancé) left their homes near Bocca Rotan) yesterday morning heading north.  Initially, they were headed to Atlanta but in-route changed destinations and turned west.  They made it to Panama City by midnight last night and checked into their reserved hotel rooms.  They were planning to stay there a couple of nights (until  Irma makes landfall) and reassess their next move.  I got a Message from him this morning letting me know that there had been a change in their travel plans.  They had decided to head a little further northwest and were on the way to Nashville.  Irma may follow them but the storm surge won't!  It will just be rain and wind.  Lucretia and her family planned to leave their home near Cocoa Beach with their daughter, granddaughter, aunt and uncle and head with their camper to Charleston, SC.  Her sister and brothers and their families planned to ride out the storm in their homes near Cocoa Beach. Their mother is in assisted living  nearby and evacuation is up to the management.  Praying that guardian angels are surrounding all of these people.  Everyone is trying to make lemonade out of the lemons Mother Nature is handing out!!
   I finally managed to finish knitting that sweater Zoey kept stealing the yarn for last night.  It's a navy and white raglan v-neck cardigan and just needs the pin-stripes to finish.  That should be today.  Then it will be ready to take to the shop on Sunday.  I sold my red and white baseball sweater yesterday...some called it a Red Sox sweater but I'm calling it a Braves sweater.  Anyway, it sold!  Got to do a Black Sheep sweater next since I sold one last week when I worked.  I don't mind knitting them when they sell!

No comments: