Thursday, September 28, 2017

Life Goes On

     Boy, did the temperature go down overnight!  I guess Autumn is here!!
  Zoey is getting on all our nerves a littles.  
what can I get into next?
She is just 4 months old and a real little terror!  She goes full speed until exhausted, then catches a nap and is ready to go again.  Housebreaking is coming along slowly.  In the morning she gets up, hits the 1st pee pad, skips the next one (uses the floor), hits the 3rd one and from then on it's anybody's guess if she'll use or miss the pads.  Doing her business outside doesn't hold that much interest for her yet, either.   (But my floors have never been so clean!!)  She's a climber and a thief.  She can wiggle or jump into any chair and depending on what it's next to she may be off on a new adventure!  The armchair in my bedroom is next to my dresser so I've caught her walking across the dresser.  She picks up what ever catches her fancy...barrettes, stuffed animals, bras....  Paper money mustn't taste very good to her because while she takes bills off my dresser she doesn't chew them very much!  (Thank God!)  She does like Jeff's socks (a definite, NO in my book!!)taking them out of his shoes and keeps taking his sandals eventho one is just about as long as she is!  She has destroyed pencils, buttons, my US5 bamboo circular knitting needles, a pair of decorated
blue & white dragon chopsticks
dragon chopsticks that I use to put in my hair and my favorite 6" wooden ruler.  Today I caught her with my little stuffed Avon Eyeore!  But she's so cute no one stays mad at her for long!  Even Fanny doesn't stay mad at her for long after she steals a bone or treat out of her mouth!  Zoey will have a small scar between her eyes for trying to take a bone away from Fanny...or for putting her head in Fanny's mouth (not sure which) but I don't think she learned anything from that mishap.
see the small round scar?

   We had an early supper last night so around 9pm Jeff decided to go to town and get something from Burger King.  I suggested he give Fanny a treat and take her with him.  Zoey wasn't too happy to be left with me but we managed.  Fanny loves to ride in the car and loves to go anywhere with Jeff so it was a double treat for her.  When he got back we shared a 
Whopper and a chicken sandwich with the dogs.  Zoey even got a couple of onion rings!  (Fanny is like me:  FF's yes, OR's no thanks).  Today Jeff had to go to the pharmacy to refill a Rx so he took Zoey with him.  I imagine he's got his hands full with her! She likes going under the driver's seat.   Fanny doesn't even seem to notice Zoey is missing!  She is sleeping in the sun next to my computer on what use to be
'her' chair until Zoey learned how to climb up into it, that is.  They actually shared it for while but now it's first come/it's yours for the day!
  Yesterday Jeff patched the foundation of the house where it had developed a hole just about where the old electrical entrance had been.  We didn't notice
the quarter-size hole until Jeff bushwacked all the weeds last week.  The area around the hole had chipped away and while it hadn't broken thru it looked like it might during the winter.  We had to buy a bag of mortar mix...an 80# bag...for that small space but it didn't come any smaller.  (How come it's not available in 10# bags for really small jobs like this?) We have another hole in the foundation under the TV room that Jeff's said he'll mend next week.  (I don't think he'll use half the bag to fix that.)  I put D-con out earlier this week so hopefully the critters can't come back in.  I haven't found any dead/dying mice yet.
    My things have started to sell again in the shop.  With the hot weather we had this summer I wasn't surprised not much sold but September sales were decent.  I've had a hard time keeping up with hats and now the number of sweaters has started to get low.  Guess I just have to force myself to sit and knit.  Somebody's got to force Zoey to leave the yarn and needles alone!  We'll see.

No comments: