Thursday, October 19, 2017

Oh, What A Day!

    Today the dogs had appointments for mani-pedi's at Olivia's Happy Tails on the corner of Park Ave and Main St. in Herkimer. (That's the old Daffy Discount for those of you as old as I am.)  As usual Fanny didn't want to go into the salon but she settled down and even allowed the groomer to check between the pads on her feet where she's been gnawing.  Seems she's got a bit of an allergy so I'll give her half a Benadryl tonight at bedtime to see if that helps. Zoey wasn't too happy to be there either, but it was over quickly and they were happy to be on their way home with new kerchiefs.
   We stopped at Fat Cat's on the way home because I had seen their menu on Facebook and told Jeff about their prices.  We each had cheeseburgers (his with everything), shared a large order of French fries and each had a soda and the total was $16 and change.  The burgers were 1/3-lbers and too much for me so the dogs got a couple of bites of mine and the large order of FF was too much for us so they got some of them, too.  When Jeff reached for his wallet he came up empty!  Wrong pants!!  But the girl behind the counter gave us our food and told him just to bring in the $$ soon.  (He came home, got his fishing bait and went back to town.)
  My house looks like a cyclone hit it.  Yesterday the refrigerator lost coolant again so this morning Jeff refilled it.  He found a couple of the screws and joints has loosen up...BUT Jeff wants to be sure the refridg is going to work so he didn't turn it back to face front, replace the Berkey water filter or put other things back before he went back to town...just grabbed his fishing bait and left.  I should be use to living like this but I'm not.
  Pace Windows and Doors called today.  We're going to have the bedroom windows replaced by them and have been waiting (not very patiently) for the windows to be built and the financing to go thru.  Everything is ready and they will be here on Monday Nov. 6 between 9 & 10am.  They want at least 3' of clear space on both sides of each window (no curtains/furniture, etc) so I'll have to find somewhere to move the chest on chest, hutch, TV, upholstered chair, table lamp and end table that's on one wall in my room.  The other wall just has a large hassock.  Jeff's room has a desk and I don't know what else that will have to be moved.  Oh, and him out of bed that early in the morning!! But it will be nice to have the dry rot that's overtaken the window frames taken care of and it is a good excuse to wash the curtains.
   I had a nice surprise when I was working in the shop in Cooperstown yesterday.  My friend, Maggie, stopped in on her way home from her job at the Farmer's Museum to check the schedule and find out when I'd be working next.  We had just screened a new member so Maggie and I got to sit outside and talk while Judy found room for the new guy's stuff.  It's so nice to have a friend that you can just sit and talk with and pick up where you left off no matter how long ago that was.  
   Well, my 1st cataract procedure is next Thursday and I have an order for a size 2 hoodie that I should finish before then so I better get to it!  I've got my hat display well stocked for now but if things sell well I guess I'll learn to knit with one eye closed!




No comments: