Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween

    Tonight is the 2nd night in a row that that awful four letter word appeared in the weather forecast.  And when we were out running errand this afternoon it felt like it was possible that it would happen.  I guess that means our long summer is finally over.  Those days of 70's and 80's that we enjoyed a couple of weeks ago are just fond memories now.  It lasted longer than anyone could have hoped for.  In fact, September and October had some of the better days of summer.  July and August were pretty unsettled to be called the 'Good Ol'Summer Time'.  But do you remember wearing your snowsuit under your Halloween costume?  The TV weatherman was advising the kids to wear jackets tonight.
    Tomorrow guys from Pace Windows and Doors will be here to replace the windows in our bedrooms and repair the dry rot around the window frames.  That means we have to move the furniture from my room into the parlor.  Jeff's room is large enough...or he has less furniture than I do...so it can be shifted from side to side as the windows are worked on.  It won't work that way in my room so we'll be moving some of it into the parlor tonight.  I'll take down and wash the curtains in the morning and they'll be ready to put back up when the windows are installed.
    Scheduling at Bassett's Eye Clinic called yesterday and everything is set for Cataract Procedure 2-the Left eye to be done on Thurs., Nov. 16 at Little Falls Hospital by Dr. Lemanski and her team.  Shannon from Scheduling isn't sure if I'll have to have another Pre-op physical or not.  It's too close for her to call (32 days between the 1st pre-op physical and when the 2nd one would be done) so I have to wait for someone else to make that decision. If I have to have it done in Cooperstown I'm going to ask that it be done on the day I'm working in the shop on Nov.8th (Judy has offered to come in and stay in the shop while I go over to the clinic).  If it's going to be done in Little Falls, it will be easy to get to so I won't complain.  I think I'll stop at the hairdresser's next week when I'm in Ilion going to the library and have my hair trimmed and my eyebrows waxed...I won't be hiding behind glass frames anymore.  And I want to buy a pair of regular sunglasses...haven't done that since high school...to use until my reading glasses are ready...they'll be Rx with transition lens.
   When we were out this afternoon, we stopped for a late lunch/early supper at the new Greek coffee shop on N Main St in Herkimer, next to the Van Kirk Apts.  The burgers and fries were so good...and so big!!!  I saved some of my burger to share with the dogs just so I could finish my rice pudding!  It's almost like having Irene back making her rice pudding but not quite!
   
  

No comments: