Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day III

   Today turned out to be wet and quiet.  Our family dinner was yesterday and it was on the quiet side, too.   I had received the sad news that my cousin, Jerry Paul, had died the night before.  He was one of the 'big kids' when I was growing up...eventho he was only 2 years older than me.  Maybe that's the hard part...he was only 2 years old than me...that leaves me the oldest cousin left in that generation.  His family is planning a service for later this summer, maybe in the Adirondack. It seems the only family reunions we've had lately are funerals.
   This was Old Timer's Weekend in Cooperstown and the shop did well.  I got wiped out of baseball hats and sold a couple of flower hats, too.  And a sweater sold, too, so I'm pleased with the weekend's sales.  I got busy and managed to do 4 baseball hats (3 of them today!) besides finishing a baseball

sweater. It's a size 6mo, raglan sleeved cardigan with a V-neck and 4 baseball buttons.  It's done in a gray heather acrylic on US 5's and 7's and is machine wash and dryable. The hats are also acrylic done on US7's.  I'll take them all to the shop tomorrow.  I'm not really looking forward to be down there all day.  The weather is suppose to be wet and cool and I don't think there will be many tourist.  This is one of those times I wish the shop had WiFi...but it doesn't.  Oh, well, I'll take some knitting and a book and I'm sure I can entertain myself until 5pm.  I think I can.  I hope I can.


   I want to thank anyone who added my college friend to their prayers this weekend.  He had his gallbladder removed and then had to have a 2nd procedure to retrieve a gall stone that tried to get away.  Everything worked out well for him and he's now on the mend.

No comments: