Friday, May 26, 2017

Memorial Day is Almost Here

   I did a quick trip to Cooperstown today and filled in the holes in my display.  Boy, did it really need it,
too.  Those flower hats ended up a lot cuter than I had imagined they would be.  Rather Spring-like, don't you think?  Anyway, they filled in the holes in the hat display rather nicely.  I added 1 sweater to the sweater rack, too.  A size 6 mo Fair Isle done with Mary Maxim's Baby Blankie and Red Heart's pale yellow. 
The yellow buttons finished it off beautifully.
I've got a heather gray V-neck cardigan on the needles...another size 6mo...that will have baseball buttons and a baseball hat to make it a set.  I have to work all day on Tuesday so it should be ready for display by then.  Maybe I'll even get some more baseball hats done, too.
  I left Jeff with the UCKY job of cleaning the dog dish tray.  Now all I have to do is wash it and the dog's
dishes and she'll be eating in style again...instead of out of a mixing bowl!
  Jeff's sister, Sherry,and my cousin, Ed, are suppose to come over for dinner on Sunday.  Instead of a bar-b-q or a fancy meal I thought of doing sausage, potatoes and peppers in the oven, with some chicken thrown in for those who don't care for sausage. It's  semi-picnic fare for us.  I'm going to make a Shirley Temple cake...sugarfree so Sherry and Jeff can enjoy it, too.  We all liked it the last time I made it.  Just have to go grocery shopping!!
   Back from town.  We got our groceries and then went to Frankfort to the Knight Spot for supper.  Their fish fries are delicious!  Tonight Jeff had cocktail sauce on his fish and he couldn't get over how good it was.  It was very good...lemony and horseradishy at the same time.  The cook at the Knight Spot is good!  The fish was too big for me so I gave Fanny the tailend.  She didn't like it and now it's all over the backseat of the car.  Oh, well, when it warms up tomorrow I'll clean the car.  I was disappointed because I couldn't have greens, coleslaw or a green salad.  When I self-tested for my INR this morning it was off the top of the chart at 3.9.  I knew the doctor wouldn't be happy.  And when we got home there was a message from his nurse on our phone machine (skip today's Warfarin, regular doses the rest of the time, test again next Friday).  I would really like to get to the point where I could test once a month but I haven't been there in over a year. I don't like the testing...self or nurse preformed.
   I've got all the ingredients for our meal on Sunday except the sugarfree CoolWhip for the cake.  Hannaford didn't have any so I'll stop at Walmart on the way to the cemetery tomorrow morning.  I could even get another skein of white yarn so I'd be sure to have enough to make several baseball hats before my next trip to Cooperstown on Tuesday.  Now if it would only stop raining and warm up a little.  A little upward bounce would be nice.
  

  

No comments: